Welcome to the AstraZeneca Supplier Page
The information contained within this site is intended for use by AstraZeneca’s trade suppliers.
Health Care Professionals, Health Care Organisations, External Experts, Key Opinion Leaders, and individuals reclaiming expenses from AZ (e.g. interviewees) should reach out to their local AstraZeneca or MedImmune contact for support.
Contact details for each AZ entity, including invoicing address and Helpdesk information, can be found here
You can find more information about AstraZeneca and MedImmune via the below links.
Please note that AstraZeneca and MedImmune do not have a central point of entry for enquiries how to do business with our company. Please visit the websites of our countries for general contact information.
28365365体育在线Please find information for AstraZeneca’s trade suppliers below.
28365365体育在线AZ operates a “No PO, No Pay” policy. Suppliers must therefore not provide any goods or services without first having received a Purchase Order (PO). The only exceptions to this policy are for goods/services categorised as one of the following:
Doctors/Hospitals/Medical Associations, Public Training Courses, Pensions Services, Healthcare Services, Temporary Resources, Banks & Brokers, Insurance, Utilities, Export/Import deliveries/couriers/duties, Voice/data/mobile Carriers, Operating leases, Regulatory bodies, Sponsorship, Governments.
In some scenarios, where business needs require it, AZ employees may place orders using a Purchasing/Credit Card. In these cases, a PO document will not be required.
The details provided on the PO document must match the goods/services that are being provided, and the supplier should check all details before providing any goods/services to AZ. Any discrepancies should be raised immediately with the AZ department or individual that requested the goods/services. Discrepancies in PO details may delay or prevent the processing of associated invoices.
The PO must be addressed to the correct entity of the supplier’s organisation. AZ are unable to process invoices where the company entity/address listed on the invoice is not the same company that the PO was raised to.
28365365体育在线The AZ entity on the PO must match to any associated contracts that are in place. Suppliers will only be able to invoice the AZ entity listed on the PO document.
28365365体育在线Suppliers must also check the following details are correct (where applicable):
- Unit price and total price
- Order currency
- Unit of Measure
- Product code
- Description of goods or services
- Requested delivery dates
- Delivery address
- Payment Terms
To allow AZ to process supplier invoices correctly and efficiently, suppliers should note the following requirements:
- All invoices must clearly state the PO number received from AZ
- Where no PO has been provided (in exceptional circumstances – see “Purchase Orders” section on this website) the invoice must clearly identify the AZ contact who requested the goods/service
- Where the PO has multiple lines, it should be clear which line/charge on the invoice relates to which line of the PO (invoice line should state the PO line number where possible)
- All company entities on the PO (both AZ and supplier’s) must be correct, and match exactly to the details specified on the invoice. If they are not the same, a new PO must be requested from the appropriate AZ contact
- All invoices must contain a clearly marked, unique invoice number and date
- The currency of the invoice must be the same as that specified on the PO
- The Unit of Measure (UoM) listed on the invoice must match the UoM specified on the PO
- Credit notes should clearly reference the invoice number/PO they relate to, where appropriate
- Where VAT is claimed, the relevant VAT registration number of the supplier must be mentioned on the invoice
- Where other types of tax are applied, the associated tax identification numbers must be mentioned on the invoice, in line with the local tax requirements
- If VAT or other taxes are claimed, the VAT/tax amount must be shown in the currency of the country where the transaction takes place (or the appropriate exchange rate specified)
- Wherever possible, suppliers should submit invoices electronically – by the Ariba Supplier Network (ASN - only available in some countries) or by email. Invoices sent in paper format may take longer to process.
- Suppliers that transact with AZ on the ASN should submit all invoices via this channel where possible. There is no requirement to send additional hard or email copies.
- Emailed invoices should be sent to the central invoice reception address where these facilities exist. Details of the email addresses, as well as helpdesk contact details, can be found here. Where there are questions on which details should be used, suppliers should request clarification from their AZ contact.
- Invoices that are non-compliant will be rejected and a notification sent back to the supplier. Corrected invoices should be returned to AZ as soon as possible to minimise delays in payment.
Electronic Transactions via Ariba Network
AstraZeneca have partnered with Ariba Network to enable electronic transactions with our suppliers in our major markets. Electronic transactions will deliver proven benefits to send purchase orders and process invoices more effectively to both suppliers and AstraZeneca. These benefits include:
- Electronic purchase orders sent to designated supplier order processors
- Confirmation of purchase orders received by supplier
- Improved on-time payments to you as an AstraZeneca supplier
- No missing invoices or the need to resubmit
- No delay due to lost invoices in the mail
- Higher automated matching because of improved data quality
- Immediate feedback if there are any invoice issues
- Increased efficiency due to reduced manual handling of invoices
- Portal visibility of the Invoice status as it moves through the AstraZeneca authorisation and payment process.
Electronic transactions are available in the following countries:
Ariba Electronic POs
Ariba Electronic Invoicing
28365365体育在线USA & Canada
Mexico & Brazil
United Kingdom, Sweden, France, Spain and Germany
Japan & China
28365365体育在线If you are not a current subscriber to the Ariba Network, please visit to learn about the different levels of membership. A free Ariba Network account with limited functionalities may be available to you. Please contact email@example.com to learn more about how to establish your account to transact electronically with AstraZeneca.
28365365体育在线Suppliers that have catalogues with AZ are responsible for the maintenance of the content, including pricing information. Where prices on invoices differ from the associated price in the catalogue (and therefore purchase orders created from them), invoices may be delayed and/or rejected.
28365365体育在线AZ’s standard payment terms begin from receipt of a compliant invoice.
28365365体育在线Payment terms will be stated on the PO document received when goods/services have been formally requested. Queries/concerns on payment terms should be addressed to the appropriate AZ contact upon receipt of the PO, not at time of invoice submission.
Supply Chain Financing (AZ UK, Sweden, US & MedImmune only)
As part of our strategy to support suppliers, we've partnered with Taulia to provide a portal that offers options for early payments on approved invoices, at competitive financing rates. Features of the tool include:
- Visibility of all approved invoices, including history of the previous 6 months
- An early payment option for approved invoices - discounted at competitive rates
- Control of your receipts - suppliers select when they want early payment
- Accurate cash-flow forecasting - provides full visibility of when invoices are due for payment
- Unlimited portal access - 24/7 payment process visibility
Supply Chain Financing is currently only available to suppliers working with AstraZeneca UK, Sweden, and NAM (North America and Medimmune). For more information on Astrazeneca’s partnership with Taulia, please . For details of how to apply, please contact the appropriate email address below:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where do I send/address my invoices
- Invoices should be submitted as per the instructions provided on/with your PO document. For AZ contact details, including central invoice reception locations (where facilities exist) please click here.
- If you are unsure which details should be used, you should speak to your AZ contact.
2. When will my invoice be paid?
- Invoices will be paid in line with the payment terms you have agreed with AZ. AZ’s standard payment terms are based on receipt date, and can be found on the corresponding PO document. Contact your local Helpdesk if you need to clarify the date for a specific invoice.
3. How can I confirm my invoice has been received and/or what the status is?
- Suppliers using the Ariba Supplier Network to invoice AZ can check the status of their invoices within this system.
- Contact your local Helpdesk to confirm receipt/status, but please allow minimum 3 days for the invoice to be registered in the AZ systems before querying status.
4. How do I change my contact/address/bank details?
- Discrepancies in supplier details (i.e. differences between the details on the invoice and those on the AZ system/PO) will lead to delays in processing of invoices, and possible rejection. It is therefore important that AZ is notified of any changes as soon as possible.
- Supplier details can be changed by contacting your local Helpdesk. Note that depending on the details you are changing, you may be contacted to provide confirmation/supporting documentation. An immediate response to any such request will ensure your details are updated on a timely basis and ensure no delays to invoice payments.
5. How do I make a payment to AZ? What are AZ’s bank details?
- For advice on making a payment/refund to AZ, please contact your local Helpdesk.
6. How do I get support for anything else?
- For any other issues/queries, please either contact your local Helpdesk, or your AZ contact. For details of your local Helpdesk contact information, please click here.